A great deal of very important and necessary information on what needs to be done physically to deal with COVID-19 is being shared daily, but what about the emotional impact it is having on so many people?
Anxiety is a normal reaction to uncertainty and things that may harm us. People worry about their own health and the health of their loved ones, here and abroad. People may also have a lot of concerns around schools, work, their finances, their ability to take part in meaningful community and social events and hobbies, and other important parts of their lives. People who already experience a lot of anxiety may find their anxiety worsening.
It's important to be kind to yourself. This is an anxious and stressful time for everyone, and it's okay if you feel more anxious than usual, and it's okay to take time for yourself to manage your mental health. You are doing the best you can in a time when simply turning on the news can feel overwhelming.
While anxiety is a normal and expected reaction to the pandemic, too much anxiety can start to cause harm. Feeling stressed and fearful every day takes a toll on health and well-being very quickly. When anxiety and fear lead to panic, people may also take precautions that ultimately cause disruptions, like demanding a lot of tests or medical care when it isn't necessary or stockpiling certain supplies to the point that those supplies aren't available to people who are sick and need those items. In addition, when Cortisol levels (the stress hormone) going up, it could have a negative impact on our immune system and overall health. Let’s try to find natural and easy ways to bring our stress levels down as much as we can, during this challenging time.
What can we do?
1. Take reasonable action- it may help you take back control and reduce anxiety. Look to trusted organizations and agencies like the Government of Canada, and the World Health Organization for information about steps you can take to reduce your risk of getting sick or passing the illness on to others.
· Government of Canada—www.canada.ca/coronavirus and the COVID-19 Information Line at 1-833-784-4397
· World Health Organization—www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
2. Take care of yourself – eat as well as you can, avoid junk and fast food, increase your veggie intake. Nutrition is essential for our immune system, energy levels, and mood support! Exercise regularly, get enough sleep, meditate and make time for hobbies.
3. Stay connected with family and friends - isolating yourself from others, such as staying home from school or working from home for longer periods of time, can affect your mood. Find ways to connect with people you care about in other ways. If you can't see someone in person, you can still reach out by phone, text, or video call.
4. Support yourself and your family with essential oils! They offer physical, spiritual and emotional support. Although aromatherapy should not be considered a miracle cure for serious emotional issues, the use of essential oils may assist, with particular emotional issues and emotional states. Additionally, the proper use of essential oils may provide support and help balance your emotions during this challenging period. Your overall well-being is the key factor for how you will deal with this situation during this period of time.
To find inner peace in today’s reality seems like mission impossible but we should do our best to calm down, one drop at a time, designate few moments a day for self-care rituals for yourself and your family members. Some of the powerful essential oils that can support you emotionally and dissolve anxious feelings are Bergamot, Cedarwood, Lavender, Vetiver, Clary Sage, Roman Chamomile and citrus oils. There are also few more precious and rare oils include Neroli, Gandhi root, Davana, and Sandalwood.
Here are some of the products that we recommend to support your emotional balance:
DON'T PANIC! Luxury Stress Relief Roll-on may help in reducing feelings of fear and anxiety, decrease stress levels, stabilize fearful thinking and lower anxious feelings. This scent supports reducing tension, sadness, and worry, and great for enhancing mood and bringing deep relaxation to your body and mind. It can be especially beneficial to use before bed to promote restful sleep. https://www.scentifique.ca/product-page/don-t-panic-luxury-stress-relief-roll-on
LIQUID ZEN Tranquility Aromatic Roll-on was crafted with powerful and pure essential oils known for their calming and relaxing effect. This blend will ease your mind and promote joy, peace, and harmony. This blend is a great choice if you feel overwhelmed before bedtime or suffer from insomnia. https://www.scentifique.ca/product-page/liquid-zen-tranquility-aromatic-roll-on
PEACE OF MIND Anxiety Relief Aromatic Roll-on is an amazing aromatic blend that was crafted with the most powerful essential oils to bring peace and harmony to your inner world. This blend has a relaxing and uplifting aroma that you will enjoy on a daily basis to support your emotional routine. https://www.scentifique.ca/product-page/peace-of-mind-emotional-supporter-blend
CALM DOWN Calming Inhaler will support your feelings of inner peace, joy, and harmony. This calming inhaler was created with pure and undiluted essential oils of Patchouli, Myrrh, Bergamot, and Roman chamomile. These oils are well known for their incredible calming and grounding effect. https://www.scentifique.ca/product-page/calm-down-calming-inhaler
CHILL OUT Stress Relief Diffuser Blend was created to help you relax and calm down in this stressful reality we all live. Crafted with pure, undiluted essential oils of Cedarwood, Wild Orange, Ylang- Ylang, Bergamot, Clary Sage and Lavender, this amazing blend has powerful properties to uplift emotions, enhance calm and develop a sense of inner peace and calm. https://www.scentifique.ca/product-page/chill-out-stress-relief-diffuser-blend
Keep safe and healthy!