Updated: Jul 21, 2020
It's no secret that the Duchess of Cambridge has flawless skin.
What is Kate Middleton's go-to skincare product?
Have a wild guess?
Hint: It is absolutely natural and it’s one of the superb ingredients in our Skin Deligh Serum…
Yes! We are talking about Rosehip-Fabulous-Oil
According to an “Us Weekly” report, a source close to the Duchess revealed that "Kate uses Rosehip oil in her daily skincare regiment. She loves the effect it has on her skin.”
What effect is she talking about? Let’s find out!
Rosehip oil offers many skincare benefits. In this article, I would like to share some of the most impressive benefits that you can fill right away after starting using it.
I promise, after you read it till the end, you probably would like to add this amazing oil into your daily regimen as Kate Middleton does!
Prized by ancient Egyptians, Mayans and Native Americans for its therapeutic properties, Rosehip oil is one of the best anti-aging oils, offers a natural way to fight wrinkles, slow aging, and have healthy skin. Clinical studies show that it also has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal qualities.
Rosehip oil is a type of pressed seed oil that is extracted from wild rose bushes. It is known for containing beta-carotene (a form of vitamin A) as well as linoleic and oleic acids, which assist with skin regeneration, repair, and healing.
I love this oil so much because it has so many great benefits to offer:
· Anti-aging and brightening- One of the most striking and unique features of Rosehips is its natural Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) content. This oil delivers cosmetic benefits that are predominantly anti-aging and anti-inflammatory. This makes it suitable for a wide range of nourishing products aimed to protect, rejuvenate, firm, soothe, condition, or strengthen the skin and hair. In addition, Vitamin C, which has the potential to brighten the skin and reduce dark spots, because it helps the cells mature and turn over more quickly, leading to fresher skin. Scientific studies found that Rosehip oil can help with hyperpigmentation caused by hormonal changes, sun damage, and medications. It also penetrates deeply into the skin quickly without leaving an oily residue.
· Moisturizing effect- Rosehip oil is an excellent moisturizing for dry skin on the face and body. Researchers believe that this benefit may come from a fatty acid called linoleic acid. You can read more about linolenic acid here. Rosehip oil also contains high levels of vitamin A-like carotenoids that cause cells to reproduce more quickly.
· Healing anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect- A fascinating study was published in 2015: post-surgical scars were treated two times a day with rosehip oil. After three months, the ones using rosehip oil experienced an improvement in inflammation and scarring when compared to those who didn’t use the oil.
Another study published in 2017 by the National Institutes of Health found that Rosehip oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral qualities. It can be applied topically to fight inflammation caused by skin irritations like eczema.
· Supports collagen production- as mentioned before, Rosehip oil is rich in vitamins A and C, nutrients needed to produce collagen. It also inhibits the release of enzymes that break down collagen in the body.
· Fight Acne- Rosehip oil contains relatively high levels of linoleic acid and low levels of oleic acid. Research shows that the lipids on the skin surface of people prone to acne are mostly made up of oleic acid and are low in linoleic acid.
Explore the amazing benefits of organic, unrefined Rosehip oil in our products: